We finally have batteries in the camera. It was too late to take photos of the rust dress today, but I did take a photo of my new embroidery project.
I used the zig-zag pattern from Medieval Arts & Crafts as a starting point to create a wavy pattern. There will be three rows of blue between two rows of white, then the whole thing will be surrounded by the gold. It won't be very large- just enough to roll straight pins for my headdresses in. So far, it's a lot of fun- very relaxing and addictive. I'm using DMC pearl cotton and 28 count linen.
I'm hoping that Dearg can take some nice photos tomorrow of me in my new dress and Owen in his completed tunic. I'll post them as soon as I can!