Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspiring Reseach

I'm completely in awe of the work Isis has done on frilled veils. I must admit that the frilled veil is not a style I've looked that much in to (though I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually), but her in depth look is very inspiring. This sort of research is what I'm attempting to do with my open hood research- catalog and examine as many examples as I can, then present them in a concise format. Become an expert, per se.

I need to give myself a deadline, though. Maybe Pennsic? I'm already planning to teach at Pennsic, so what's one more class? Plus, the Pennsic audience will probably be a better venue for the information than a local event, simply because of the larger number of people, and the larger percent of those people being serious medieval scholars.

I better get cracking then.