Sunday, January 11, 2009

That's My Boy!

Owen is on YouTube! I love my son.


Additionally, as you can see, I wore my blue open hood to the Fenix 12th Night. It's not really finished, as the edges need to have a rolled hem still. I just couldn't think of any other thing to wear on my head, and I've got so many options now, there's no excuse for going without a headdressanymore!
I'm not sure what I did wrong around the neck and shoulders, but as you can see in the photo below, it's not sitting right. I think part of the issue is that the wool is a tropical weight, and so the whole thing is really flat. I probably need to double it, but I only had enough of the blue for one layer.


I forgot to get a picture of the smocked apron. The girl I gifted it to was already wearing an apron, so she didn't put it on, which means I didn't think to ask her to indulge me with a photo. She's chosen a German persona, and the apron is English/French, but it's cool and will go a long way to making her look a but more period while in the kitchen.
That's all I've got for now. I've got to re-evaluate my project pile in the next week or so. I keep picking up the pink dress, but I'm at a point where I'm not at all sure that I know what to do next. That may be one of those cases where I just need to start sewing, and go from there. Otherwise, I've got some wool fabric I need to figure out what to do with. And I've got a few other items I'm just needing key materials for (like rings and buckles). Always something to do....