Sunday, January 25, 2009

Garb Fest

So my projects are on hold...again. This time, though, it's because my household has agreed to help a friend with garb for his three children (all in the pre-teen, young teen age range). We're making Viking, Mongolian and 14th Century English garb- one outfit each. It's cool though. I need to take a break from my stuff anyway, you know, to re-gain perspective.

We're doing it for trade. Our friend is a glass bead maker. I found a really cool bead effect called "raked" (here's an example). I asked for blue and white, green or teal. He says that if he combines teal and ivory they turn into silver where they mix. I think that would be an awesome accessory for the teal fitted dress when I finally have it. Not sure how yet. I'll need to research 15th century bead jewelry.