Sunday, July 20, 2014

Panel to Pouch : A 6-Step Process


Since I haven't posted a Monthly Medieval Crafting Skill in a few months, I decided to make up for it by sharing with you a beginning to end tutorial on converting an embroidered panel into a finished bag. In my example, I'll be using the panel I created from my redacted pattern from a linen fragment housed at the V&A. The panel is fairly small, since I wasn't actually intending to make a full panel when I started, and I hadn't planned my available space too well. So I'll be converting the panel into a change purse. You may be working with a larger panel, or even two panels. The process I'll be showing you will work for you as well, with perhaps a few simple alterations. I'll try my best to point those out (particularly for a 2-panel process) as we go along.

I was originally going to put all 6 steps on a blog post, but it turned out so extensive, I moved it to a permanent page.

So CLICK HERE to get to the tutorial.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo!

    That is an incredibly clear and helpful tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to put it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you! It was a great learning experience (both in the process of making the purse AND putting a tutorial together that is that long) and I'm happy to share it :)

      Delete