Sunday, October 28, 2012

Taking a Break

I've decided to take a short break from blogging. I have realized recently that I need to make some changes in my life, and in order to do that, I need to give my mundane, real life some of my time.

Since Archer was born, I've been dealing with a health issue that has only recently been identified, and treatment of which has only just started. My condition caused not only general feelings of illness on most days, it threw me into depression, promoted considerable weight gain, and even caused excessive amounts of my hair to fall out every day. At first I chalked it up to having 4 kids, but eventually I realized that my track record of generally being in good health was actually being threatened. I am, thankfully, now on the upswing, recovering gradually as my treatment begins to take effect. Before this point, however, my life had started to veer a bit off track.

So I'm taking some time to evaluate my health, my goals and my relationship with my children, which unfortunately pushes my medieval life onto the back burner. It is, after all, only a [fulfilling, awesome, distracting] hobby.

When I return, I will most likely have a completely rearranged project list, but as we go into the next year, you can be assured that The Compleatly Dressed Anachronist has not dropped off my radar, and I look forward to sharing my next projects with you!

2 comments:

  1. I will miss your updates but good for you! Take care of yourself and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never commented here before, but I've been enjoying your blog. I'm sorry you've been unwell, and I hope your recovery goes smoothly. See you next year!

    ReplyDelete