Sunday, June 10, 2012

Brick Stitch Panel Complete


It took me more days than I expected, but I completed the Bulgarian-inspired brick stitch embroidery today, and I'm ready to turn it into a pouch.

It's not particularly large, just about enough for a hand to comfortably fit, but given how long just this piece took me, I'm perfectly fine with the size :)


After trimming off the excess even weave, and cutting the wool back and the linen lining, I pinned the front and back together to begin the edge finishing.  I will use the looped strand technique, but instead of using two colors, I'll use just black.  There will be a tricky part at the top where the lace will go to make this a drawstring pouch, and I'm still thinking through how to best handle creating the channel for the lacing (so it looks right on the embroidered panel).  All bridges I will cross when I get to them.


For the time being, I'm enjoying not looking at it for an evening!  Finishing can start tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That's just... WAY amazing @___@ I know you put loads of effort into all your hand sewing, but man does it really show in this little bag how much work goes into all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I think I like needlepoint projects so much because they are hand sewn. I've always been better with my hands on small scales like this.

      Delete