Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bored

I have had a completely unproductive week.  I got slapped with the bored stick.  Motivation has left me, and most days I've honestly been too bored to do anything.  It's in times like these that I wish I had a "reset" button.  I hate this feeling- I hate wasting inspiration.  In my boredom, I've been spending inordinate amounts of time on Pinterest, and I've located may beautiful things (primarily of a mundane nature), and though I find inspiration in these items, I've got the automatic inclination to file them away for later. 

When I was a teenager, I never imagined that I'd still experience boredom ruts as an adult.  And at least when I was a teenager, I didn't really have anything to do anyway, so the ruts weren't really all that detrimental to my life as a whole.  As an adult, however, I have a to do list 10 pages long.... an absolutely no desire to check any of them off.

I'm just waiting for that one moment that sparks the fire again.  That one piece of inspiration that reminds me that I really am a creative person with lots of things to do.  It'll come. Soon, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I've been feeling more than a bit of that myself. Best of luck finding your way out of it!

    ReplyDelete