Friday, January 27, 2012

Kara's Housebook- minor setback

I thought I'd figured out how to put Kara's Housebook dress together, but when I got everything down on the scrap fabric (which I cut to be the same size as the wool I'll ultimately use) I didn't have the right shape of fabric left to get sleeves.  I'm going to need to re-think doing the gores as separate pieces, and see if I can get the front and back pieces cut out side-by side with an angle on the skirt to account for them instead. 

I was really looking forward to getting the test gown pieced together and trying it on her today. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment