Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nice Day of Doing Nothing

Yesterday was the South Oaken A & S Faire. Dearg entered his first project and scored a 2. He made a leather wallet with copper wire woven into it to make designs. Very cool, and I'm proud of him for finally entering something!


It was a pretty laid back day, there were only a few people there, which made it pretty fun. I volunteered to judge, but they didn't need me, so I got to just hang out in garb all day. Owen was the center of attention various times in the day, and it's so nice to be among friends that can run off with my baby and I don't have to worry about it. Here's a photo of my little man and I:




Also (and I'm still wigging out about it) I got a personal invitation (!) to share my knowledge about headdress at an event later this summer that will focus on textile and fiber arts. I've already got four ideas for classes that would work.

I wore my rust dress (as you can see in the photo) with my regular bra, and something is a little off. I need to fit it A LOT more. I can take the whole thing off without undoing the lacing, and that... well... that shouldn't happen. I don't know if it's because the linen is loosening up, so after I wash it, I'll see how much more it needs to come in.

In other news, I'll be starting the South Beach Diet tomorrow with my mom and husband. If all goes well, I'll be loosing weight, so this has put the teal fitted dress on hold once again. That's alright though, as long as I've got it before Pennsic. No rush.