Saturday, August 9, 2008

D-day is almost here

I'm finally at the end of my pregnancy, and it looks like Owen will be arriving soon. I'm due on Sunday, but yesterday (Friday), I started to get contractions. Though this first stage of labor is long and somewhat confusing (was that a real contraction?) the ball has definitely started rolling. I've been able to sleep, as the contractions are not yet intense or frequent, but I feel like I can't be in bed right now.

On the garb front, not much has happened since my last post. Since we haven't gone to any events (Pennsic will be ending tomorrow), there hasn't been a need to think about garb. I've got some projects I'd like to start, including a 15th century open hood, a leather ring pouch (like the black flannel one I made, only better), and a belt like this one. These will probably be done while I'm on maternity leave.

It's unfortunate, really, that at this final stage of pregnancy, I finally feel comfortable in my own skin. My belly has rounded out (though my belly button is still an inny), and I feel that I look good- like being pregnant suits my frame. I fear that it will take a LOT of time and effort to loose the pregnancy weight, which may thwart some of my more elaborate garb plans (such as making a 16th century Flemish working dress), but I'll take it all in stride. I'll be so focused on Owen, I'm sure, that I won't really mind if my new body doesn't feel quite as comfortable as I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment