Friday, June 20, 2014

Video Tutorial: Twisted & Tucked Headwrap


Now that I've got a stunningly efficient and beautiful place in which to create, I am, of course, having a bit of difficulty gaining back momentum. I'm sure there's some kind of cosmic axiom for this sort of occurrence, or maybe it's just irony. Either way, it's pretty annoying.

So to help get myself back into the swing of things, I browsed through my "Inspired by Garb" Pinterest board, just to get the brain cogs moving again. One of the images I pinned some time ago of a late German reenactor has always stuck out at me, and when I really looked at it this time, I decided that I HAD to try to emulate her headdress.

Here's what I came up with:



If I really played around with this in front of the mirror, I'm sure I could lose those last two pins. And I probably will do that when I decide to wear this one for real. But as a reasonable attempt, I'm quite happy with the result, and I think it looks great.

EDIT: I did, indeed, do without those two extra pins the next time I wore this. The key was to do the step to pull that extra pointy bit down, but instead of pinning, immediately start twisting to secure it in the right place.

If you try this one yourself, why not share a pic over on my Facebook fan page? It's no fun doing headdress by yourself, you know! Simply upload your picture as a comment under the post about this video over there.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    just wanted to let you know that I used this tutorial when I put my headrail on at Visby Medieval Week this year, and even created it on a friend of mine there one day. It was super-simple, very stable and looked good! So thank you for taking the time to do a video and posting it.

    /Lia de Thornegge, Drachenwald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Thank you for letting me know :)

      Delete