Sunday, January 19, 2014

In Progress: Alms Purse Embroidery

Just checking in with you today to share my progress on my embroidered alms purse.

I've completed the fill embroidery on the Maiden. (Isn't she lovely?)


I've completed the outlines on the Mother, and I've started her fill. I had some trouble on her wimple, so I'm leaving off those fold lines for now.


I also, as a distraction, started the satin stitches for the background. I will be doing some variety of couching over them, probably Bayeux stitch using black linen sewing thread. We'll have to see, though.


I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far. I stop and work on other projects every so often so that I don't get burnt out on it. I may even start on the back panel before the front is complete, just to keep the whole project moving forward. I really hope that, at that sort of pace, I still love it when it's complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment