Monday, May 2, 2011

Award!

Cristina over at Cristina's Ramblings chose my blog to pass along this award. Thank you!

So I'm supposed to answer the following 5 questions, then pass the award on to 5 other blogs.

1. When did you start your blog?
Hee-hee. I just wrapped up a two-week celebration from my blog's anniversary. My first post was April 17th, 2008.

2. What is it about?
In general, I write about my experiences creating a more authentic wardrobe for my 15th century, middle class, Flemish persona. I also try to incorporate my research as well as provide "stepping stones" for others on their own garb journeys by sharing what I find.

3. What are the differences between this blog than others?
One thing you'll find on The Compleatly Dressed Anachronist is that I'm pretty open about screwing things up, and I show my trials and errors. I'm not a sewer, and the process of creating my own garb is a huge learning experience. Not that I'm happy when my projects don't turn out as well as I'd like, but if I can help someone NOT make my mistakes, I'm happy to share them.

4. Why did you start it?
To think back, my main reason for blogging was because I didn't want to feel like I was creating garb and learning so many new things in a bubble. I started with the hope that I could be part of a global community of garb enthusiasts, and luckily that's come true! I'm thrilled that my blog is one of many re-creation blogs that have created a community of shared knowledge and know-how.

5. What would you like to change in your blog?
As I listed out that the beginning of the year, I'd like to incorporate more of the back-end "production" and research involved with my projects. I've also been considering moving to a different platform to bring my blog and website together.

My five picks for the gorgeous blogger award:

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and thank you very much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete