Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Issues with Pattern

I've been trying to create a new pattern for a dress with no front seam, and the results thus far have been extremely disappointing and not remotely flattering. I have never been able to successfully create a fitted dress that is truly fitted. Every single dress I have can be pulled on over my head without having to undo the lacing. Even the newly fitted black linen dress. In this new experiment, I'm completely at odds with my boobs. It's not so much that the dress really needs a center seam (which would completely ruin the point of this pattern), it's more that, in order for the dress to be small enough for my shoulders but still large enough for my chest, my boobs get flattened in a completely uncomfortable and ugly manner. Down the road I might find a flattened chest useful if I ever decide to start wearing Burgundian V-necks again, but at the moment it is not the look I need.

I don't know what I'm missing, or what I need to do differently. I do know, however, that if I'm going to be successful at my garb quest, I've got to buckle down and figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment