Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quick Update

I don't have much time at the moment, but I wanted to jump in and give you a quick update on my progress with the black dress and to share some news.

I have sewn the initial seams on the dress (sides, back and bottom of front), and did a quick try-on last night. It feels like one of the seams is off (the right side), and there is a significant amount that needs to come out of the chest area. Other than that, it's looking good. I cut it really long, so it's hard to see at this point how it hangs. The weight of the two linens is good though- just right for chilly events. I made the font opening for the lacing really long because....

I'm expecting another baby! I am due with my second child sometime in September (my doctor will confirm the due date when I see him on Wed). So that's another summer pregnancy for me, but I think I'm a bit better prepared for it this time around. And with all I've learned about garb over the past year, I think I'll look better this time around too!