Monday, October 20, 2008

Apron Update

I'm about halfway through joining the pleats for my smocked apron. I've got 62 pleats and 7 rows, so if you care to do the math....that's a heck of a lot of smocking.

On a different note, I've been surfing the web in search of new dress diaries and costuming blogs in an effort to get more points of view on where I'm headed with my garb. Though I'm not really doing German, I am interested in all things 15th century, so this dress was an exciting find. I'm probably not going to wear my Viking garb again- it's awkward to wear, and too heavy for most events- so I'm thinking I'd like to try to convert the pink linen underdress into a similar dress to hers. I'm lucky that mom constructed it the way she did to allow for breastfeeding, but since I'm not able to do that anymore, I can take advantage of the extra fabric in the dress. This is something I can probably do on my own, since the hard work of putting sleeves on it has already been done. I'll have to pull it out and see.

Also, in addition to having my new teal wool dress to wear at Christmas Tourney, Owen will also be sporting a new outfit. We're going to do this in a dark green or blue (to indicate that he is a boy). Did you see his cute Viking garb over there -----> ?! Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment