Well, it wasn't my original intention, but my black linen dress ended up being pretty reminiscent of the August dress, so I decided (last minute) to give the antenna veil a shot. I love the result of the whole outfit!
That light line at the lacing on by lower belly is my site token (which I just looped into the lacing), but the lacing ends at about the bottom of that- plenty of room for expanding over my twin belly. It ended up a little short, so you can see my underdress at the bottom, but I really don't mind that. The light purple just under my elbows is the lavender lining (I just rolled the end of the sleeves up). The maroon sleeves are false sleeves pinned to my underdress.
The fit of the dress is absolutely perfect. It is very flattering (especially to my back side, according to my husband). It is a little heavier than I expected, though. The lavender lining is of a heavier mid-weight than the black, so it's almost the same as wearing one layer of wool.
The antenna veil was actually, in concept, pretty easy. There is a wire frame (16-gauge brass wire) that creates the antenna-horns and goes around the back of my head. It's wrapped in strips of linen that are stitched into place as needed. A small dollop of beeswax here and there acts as a glue to keep the linen on the wire (preventing it from unwrapping). I'm wearing my St. Birgitta's coif, then the antenna (which is attached to a linen headband that is pinned together at the back of my head), then my half-round veil is pinned into place (I used 5 pins to do that). The antenna is only on my head by way of the headband (only pinned at the back) and the wire frame is "locked" under the curve at the back of my head. It is very lightweight, completely sturdy, fairly authentic (I only used period materials), and, let's face it, really cool.